Saturday, March 6, 2010

My JYG

My JYG (junior youth group) is exceptionally fluid. :)

There's one core member, and potentially 10 others lol. Something that we'll work on this year.

A junior youth group, is the way to serve. It's all about empowering kids aged 11-14 to become socially conscious, to be seekers of truth, and instigators of service :). They ARE - the leaders of the future! w00t!

I'm pretty excited about it this year. Last year, I found it very difficult - as there was no autonomy.

This year, I'm doing it by myself, and I'm doing it. I've moved house, so I'll be close to where it will run. I will start early, and move the group around as convenient. I'll have all their contact numbers and can call the shots. I'll organize the paints etc. from the city council, and baking recipes so we can get straight into it. I have the books we'll study. So things can start happening :).

One learning from last year, that I've also had from other JYGs, is not to postpone service projects - that's the point of the groups, and we should get into them ASAP.

"There is no time to lose, there is no room left for vacillation..." lol!

This coming Saturday, we'll meet an hour early, start with prayers, and then bake scones to share with the other childrens classes that will start later. We can regularly try different recipes. I'm gunna make this work :) Haha. Baha'u'llah will make this work :) -> insert Tablet of Ahmad here lol. And the following week, we'll clean up graffiti in the park.

Gotta get back to planning life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment